July 06, 2015

L.A. Girl HD PRO Conceal in Medium Beige


I heard a lot about this product online, so I couldn't wait to try it! I came across it at G-Stage, which sells mostly clothes and accessories and some beauty products. They had an entire display out for these along with testers which I really appreciated because upon looking at the large color range online, I could not decide what color I was. So after playing around with the beige shades, I decided on Medium Beige (GC978).

The website sells it for $5.00 but it's available for a lower price in stores. The website claims:
"Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes"

This concealer has a brush tip applicator, which is convenient. However, I'm always iffy on these kinds of applicators because its easy to get dirty and it'll hold the bacteria. I do like it though, honestly, because it's so easy to apply.

Here is a swatch of it on my hand. It's a bit lighter than my hand but it matches my face, so we're good.


Below is a picture of the pen test (couldn't find a sharpie so I used a ballpoint pen) which I normally do with concealers.


So it's got an okay coverage, nothing to brag about, but its alright. I do find myself using it more often than my Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer, since it has a lighter coverage and costs less than KVD.
There isn't much of a smell to this concealer, so that's great.
I'm also super duper happy that it matches my skin tone so well, since I always seem to have a problem with that.
This concealer does a great job at helping with redness and small blemishes, and often I'll just apply this and put powder and I'm ready to go. It doesn't look cakey so its great for a natural look.
The only complaint that I have about this is that sometimes, it'll dispense a clear substance instead of the concealer, but that's easily fixed by shaking the tube. Otherwise, it's pretty good stuff. There's a great color range and the price is reasonable.

Does it live up to the qualities listed on the website?

  • "Crease resistant"?
    • I've never experienced creasing with any concealers, to be honest.
  • "Opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture"?
    • Not exactly the opaque-est (is that a word?) but it is creamy and pretty lightweight.
  • "Natural looking coverage?"
    • I'd say so!
And, they don't test on animals!


L.A. Girl HD PRO Conceal in Medium Beige
Rating: 8/10
Price: $5.00(website) $3.99(I purchased for) for 0.25 oz (8g)
Where?: http://www.lagirlusa.com/ or drugstores or clothes stores
Repurchase?: Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment